Sector Technology Architect
Experience Greater Than 10 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
I am reaching out to share a new contract role with you. The role is going to be Technology Architect with the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services in Toronto, ON.
Please find below the job description for the position. Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by : Friday, January 15th 11:00 am, EST if that interests you and matches your profile.
Without mandatory documents, we cannot submit a candidate.
1. Updated Resume in word format (Mandatory)
2. Candidate Resume Summary (Mandatory)
3. Right to Represent Form (Mandatory)
4. Expected hourly rate (Mandatory)
5. Reference Form (this can be provided later)
Job Title: RQ00604 – Technology Architect
Work Location: Toronto
Estimated Start Date: 2021-02-01
Estimated End Date: 2022-01-31
# Business Days: 255
Extension: Probable after the initial mandate
Hours per day or Week: 7.25 hours per day
Remote Option: This position is currently listed as “remote” due to COVID-19 related WFH direction. Once ministry staff are required to return to the office, the resource under this request will be required to work onsite as well.
Rate: No rate range provided by client – as per market rates
Candidate has to provide his/her laptop during Interview/contract duration if needed.
•Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models)
•Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Content Management (Open Text ECM applications)
•Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices .
•Demonstrated experience working with cloud computing technologies in a technical or business capacity with experience in product management.
Nice to have:
Public Sector experience
Develops, recommends, implements and manages the technical architecture (hardware, software, database and communications) which will be used for all or speciﬁc applications in a large, distributed cross-platform environment. Responsibilities also include the identiﬁcation of relevant information and the determination of the environment, which will be used for development.
• Leadership experience in the development and implementation of technical architectures at the speciﬁed experience level
• Extensive experience with at least three different platforms, operating systems, environments, database technologies, and communications protocols
• Experience with middleware and gateways
• Knowledge of performance considerations in different environments
• Experience in structured methodologies for the design, development and implementation of applications
• Extensive experience in systems analysis and design in large systems environments
• Knowledge and experience designing processes around ITIL and is able to guide others using this methodology
• Experience translating business requirements into reporting needs
• Experience preparing conceptual, logical and/or physical processes and data models
• Experience developing, recommending, implementing and managing technical architecture
• Experience in the use of Computer Aided Software Engineering (CASE) tools and other software tools such as project management tools
• Awareness of emerging technologies, trends and directions
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and negotiation skills
• A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
• Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models)
• Experience in developing enterprise architecture deliverables (e.g. models) based on Ontario Government Enterprise Architecture processes and practice.
• Knowledge and understanding of Enterprise Content Management (Open Text ECM applications)
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Project Background Information
ITS Hybrid Hosting Program designs and deploys cloud hosting services. These services support the Cloud First Transformation highlighted in the 2019 Multi Year Plan (MYP) submission, supporting recommendations made in the Ernst & Young Line by Line Review to ﬁnd more efﬁcient ways of delivering services, and the ongoing operational sustainment and improvement of citizen facing services. These resources are required to support a Cloud First approach, the OPS I&IT Modernization MYP business case and the 36 ministry/cluster MYP business cases for Cloud
Category: IT Solutions Development
Description: The Product Management Lead role works in partnership with Cloud Vendors, Engineering, Finance, Operations and Clients to develop client informed strategic cloud roadmaps, lead service KPI creation and performance analysis, establish cloud costing & recovery approaches, deﬁne new cloud products and create client facing collateral, ensure sustainable growth of cloud services
The Resource will act as a subject matter expert on a variety of cloud business topics. The Resource may act independently and/or lead a team of analysts and other stakeholders in a matrix management environment to:
Collect Information from various internal/external stakeholders Create and communicate the strategic cloud roadmap Evaluate cloud growth and sustainability requirements Develop cloud costs, prices and recovery/chargeback models Implement service KPI’s and review service performance for improvement opportunities Deﬁne new cloud products. based on the organizations digital agenda Produce client facing collateral to help inform client investments
Drive aggressive and sustainable enterprise cloud adoption
The Resources will also be required to:
Provide solutions status on the various projects being worked on Provide reports as required
Provide skills and knowledge transfer.
The Resources should have appropriate understanding and experience with many or all of the following:
Cloud technology (Orchestration, network, data, identity and services) Cloud application design methodologies Cloud vendor contract management Documenting client requirements Experience with Ontario Government IT practices, standards, policies, etc.
Evaluation Breakdown Per Role
1. Solution Development / Technology Architect / Level 3
A. Price – 30%
B. Experience in Cloud Computing Technology – 35%
Demonstrated experience working with cloud computing technologies in a technical or business capacity with experience in product management.
C. Business Analysis – 10%
10+ years conducting business analysis related to product management delivery models for next generation services.
D. Experience in developing cloud computing strategy – 25%
Demonstrated experience evaluating and analyzing and developing cloud computing strategies, speciﬁcally related to Product Management and development