Sector Solutions Designer
Experience From 7 to 9 year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
I am reaching out to share a new contract role with you. The role is going to be Solutions Designer with the Ministry of Transportation in Toronto, ON.
Please find below the job description for the position. Please send the following documents to email@example.com by : Wednesday, January 13th 11:00 am, EST if that interests you and matches your profile.
Without mandatory documents, we cannot submit a candidate.
1. Updated Resume in word format (Mandatory)
2. Candidate Resume Summary (Mandatory)
3. Right to Represent Form (Mandatory)
4. Expected hourly rate (Mandatory)
5. Reference Form (this can be provided later)
Job Title: RQ00467 – Solutions Designer
Work Location: Toronto
Estimated Start Date: 2021-04-01
Estimated End Date: 2023-03-31
# Business Days: 509
Extension: Probable after the initial mandate
Hours per day or Week: 7.25 hours per day
Remote Option: This position is currently listed as “remote” due to COVID-19 related WFH direction. Once ministry staff are required to return to the office, the resource under this request will be required to work onsite as well.
Rate: No rate range provided by client – as per market rates
Candidate has to provide his/her laptop during Interview/contract duration if needed.
• Demonstrated 8+ years of .NET experience
The .NET Centre of Excellence had previous set standards for .NET solutions development and provided reusable assets and tools to help designers and developers deliver solutions faster and with higher quality. Building on that work, the SDC will additionally focus on design, development, testing, and hosting using a software factory paradigm compliant with Microsoft recommended standards and best practices enabling the OPS to maximize the beneﬁts of using a common underpinning end-to-end infrastructure service.
The goal is to create I&IT capacity that will deliver business value by embracing innovative ways to operate in a simpler and more horizontal manner and ensure that the OPS grows its capacity to successfully complete I&IT development
projects in the future.
The Government of Ontario’s I&IT organization is exploring innovative ways to operate in a simpler and more horizontal manner while also preparing for the ﬁscal challenges anticipated in the future. The SDC will optimize the delivery of business solutions to the OPS through Predictability, Quality, Velocity, and Reuse.
The purpose of this RFS is to acquire one (1) Solutions Designer to work with the SDC team to provide maintenance and support of hosted technology solutions based on the OPS’ service speciﬁcations, standards, policies, best practices, and cost models in order to deliver applications hosted by the .NET SDC that meet the business requirements and project/initiative deliverable speciﬁcations. The consultant will be responsible for gathering and translating business requirements and functional speciﬁcations into working, tested, and conﬁgurable components and applications.
The services and deliverables to be provided by the vendor will include:
· Working with any one or more of the technologies below, the consultant will participate in the design of .NET solutions based on client’s service speciﬁcations, standards, policies, best practices, and cost models in order to meet client .NET business requirements and project/initiative deliverables.
· Manage coordination of all IT-related services
· Manage the resources and tasks acquired to accomplish the work described in the background section and other activities as assigned
· Adherence to Project Management Ofﬁce (PMO) methodology
· Adherence to OPS and Labour and Transportation Cluster (LTC) Enterprise Architecture guidelines
· Adherence to OPS and LTC IT standards
· Use project management tools, templates, and repositories to manage and track project artefacts
· Provide regular status reports
· Liaise with client, Cluster, Infrastructure Technology Services (ITS), SharePoint Farm, and Operations team representatives