Sector Programmer Developer
Experience From 7 to 9 year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Please note that the role will be remote to begin, but the consultant may need to come on site to pick-up equipment, and understand that as soon as restrictions are lifted, the role will be full-time on site. All candidates and vendors are expected to understand this.
Location of Work
Commerce Place, 10155 – 102 Street, Edmonton, AB
Provide the services of a Web Developer within Portfolio Delivery. Portfolio Delivery is an agile environment. Knowledge of both Microsoft .NET and SQL are required. Umbraco knowledge is desirable.
This role is initially assigned to Web Services. However, this role may be reassigned to work in other areas as required.
Some of the web sites and services are: internet, extranet, and intranet sites using Umbraco CMS, web-based forms and surveys, web search utilities and analytics tools.
Estimated Workdays: 44
Estimated Start Date: 01-Jun-2020
Estimated End Date: 31-Jul-2020
Estimated Hours Per Day: 7.25
Description of Services
Design, code and test web-based and other applications. Perform needs analyses and assessments to determine systems methodology best suited to end-user goals.
• Assist in the design, development, construction, testing, delivery, implementation and maintenance of websites and web applications.
- Participate in analysis of requirements and assist in producing website and web application technical specifications.
- Follow all architectural and security standards, policies and guidelines of Government of Alberta when building websites and web applications.
- Ensure code written is thoroughly tested by following testing best practices including the use of unit testing, system testing and performance testing.
- Assist in troubleshooting websites and web applications issues in any environment.
- Assist in optimizing website and web application content including graphics, databases and animation.
- Assist in optimizing performance of websites and web applications.
- Create or update existing websites and web applications, support documentation for assigned websites and web applications to ensure that it matches the code and environment.
- Assist in managing, maintaining, development and system test environments required to maintain the application.
- Assist in the continuous improvement of all recommended websites and web application architecture, development standards and guidelines.
- Provide tracking, reporting of time and status on all work as required.