Sector Application Testing and Quality Assurance
Experience From 5 to 7 year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We are working on the Testing & QA / Systems Testing/QA Specialist Role in Toronto, Ontario.
kindly send the updated copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before 28 July 2020, 01:00 pm (EST) to get submitted.
– Updated Resume in word format
– Completed Evaluation Criteria (attached with the copies of the certificates,)
– Hourly Rate Expectation and Availability
– Right to Represent Form
The Emergency Health Program Management & Delivery Branch (EHPMDB) supports life-critical services such as ambulance dispatch functions across Ontario. Under the Ambulance Act the Minister has the duty and power to establish, maintain and operate (alone or in co-operation with others) communication services used in dispatching ambulances, and to fund such services.
The Emergency Health I & IT Solutions & Technology Management Branch (EHSTMB) of the Health Services I&IT Cluster supports these services through the acquisition, delivery and support & maintenance of related dispatch technologies, IT and telecommunications used within the Ambulance Communication Centres (ACCs) across the province and in the Branch’s Head Office operations. These critical applications and technologies are used by the Ministry to support 24×7 mission critical 911 call taking and ambulance dispatch functions across the province, and includes:
- Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) application and tools
- Telecommunication equipment and systems (i.e. Communication Console Systems and FleetNet)
- Technologies that digitally connects Land Ambulance Dispatch with other partners in first response and the health system (i.e. Real Time Data Service and Mobile CAD)
- Reporting Applications and Tools
- Business Support Applications (i.e. Paramedic Certification, Inspections)
The Ministry of Health committed to the Ontario Association of Paramedic Chiefs (OAPC) to develop and roll-out Real-Time Dashboards for Common Dashboards to be used in Ministry Dispatch Centers, Hospital Emergency Room Departments, and Paramedic Services. Paramedic Services have been requesting the dashboard onboard in order to manage offload delays, which prevent efficient use of ambulances. The dashboard solutions provide support capabilities for 911 operations including efficiencies through automation which enable paramedics to arrive on scene faster and be available for the next 911 call sooner once they have transferred care of the patient at the hospital.
The Systems Testing/QA Specialist will provide testing and quality assurance support for Real Time Data Service and Digital Situational Awareness.
- Lead and assist the Testing and Quality Assurance activities in reviewing, developing and executing test plans for latest releases of software patches and firmware upgrades;
- Assist with performance of Business Function Testing, Business Acceptance Testing, Production Acceptance Testing;
- Interface between the testing environments and configure the systems as per Vendor and HSC specifications;
- Configure testing environments as per Vendor and HSC specifications;
- Provide project team with expert advice on a large variety of complex testing and related issues;
- Provide advice/troubleshoot any technical issues that arise;
- Provide advice where necessary, conduct manual testing of the system to supplement/validate the automated test results;
- Compile, summarize and report findings from automated and manual tests;
- Develop and execute automated end-to-end pre-production test suites;
- Develop and execute testing checklists and ensure that the checklists are completed as required through various stages of testing and that the checklists are incorporated into the production readiness checklist;
- Ensure appropriate Testing and Quality Assurance for the provincial CAD system along with the EMSTIF servers under standard.