Sector Technical Analyst
Experience From 7 to 9 year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Kindly send the below documents to email@example.com before 29 June 2020 11:00 am EST to get submitted.
The Business Application Services (Corporate Application Services) team within Service New Brunswick (SNB) Technology Services requires a senior technical analyst to provide technical expertise and support for the Web Content Management System (WCMS) team.
Service New Brunswick (SNB) requires a single Senior Technical Analyst with competence in SharePoint 2010, 2019, and SPO to provide technical expertise including mentoring, troubleshooting, support, and maintenance services.
SNB seeks a resource that demonstrates the following Mandatory Requirements.
|M1||Resource must possess excellent verbal and written language skills in English.||Yes/No|
|M2||A minimum of three years of demonstrated and verifiable experience as a Senior Application Analyst.||Yes/No|
|M3||Two or more years of demonstrated experience supporting a web content management system.||Yes/No|
|M4||Minimum of 5 years of Senior Technical Analyst experience||Yes/No|
SNB seeks a resource that demonstrates the following scored requirements.
|S1||Experience with IIS configuration, permissions, OS patching, Domain management, redirects/keywords, data/script management, DB restore and troubleshooting.||3 Years|
|S2||Experience with Website Analytic tools, script management, site configuration, log management, manual tasks.||3 years|
|S3||Experience with SharePoint Server administration (2019, 2016, 2013 and 2010).||3 Years|
|S4||Experience with web content management system configuration, web front ends, and user management.||2 Years|
|S5||Experience with migrating SharePoint to 2016 or 2019||2 Years|
|S6||Knowledge of the business of Service New Brunswick, or similar government based service delivery agencies||2 Years|
|S7||Experience using .Net in conjunctions with SharePoint intranets||2 Years|
Vendors are requested to include references as per the table included within the Vendor Response Matrix. References will be contacted and responses will be evaluated and scored as per the Selection Process identified in Section 13.
In the event a poor reference is received, or in the event references provide information that is different than the information provided in the Vendor’s response, we reserve the right to disqualify the Vendor’s response from further consideration or negatively impact the scoring for Section 4.
If SNB is unable to reach the reference(s) provided, SNB reserves the right to disqualify the Vendor’s response from further consideration.
SNB reserves the right to contact references other than those provided, who are familiar with the work of the Vendor.
The successful candidate will report to Lisa Mullin, Public Services and Application Support Manager within SNB Technology Services.
The successful candidate will be required on a full-time basis for a period of 26 weeks (125 working days), commencing July 6, 2020 and ending on December 31, 2020.
SNB reserves the right to truncate the engagement, as needed.
SNB may extend the engagement, monetarily, by 25% or 6 months, whichever is reached first, if it deems necessary.
The successful candidate may work onsite the duration of the engagement with SNB at Brookside Place, Fredericton, NB. SNB will provide access to pertinent information, resources for the duration of the engagement and office space for successful candidate able to work onsite.
Travel outside the city of Fredericton is not expected. If the candidate is based outside the Fredericton region, it is the vendor’s responsibility to pay for the employee’s travel to and from their place of business (or home) and the Fredericton area. Additionally, the vendor will not charge SNB for employee travel time or expenses.
The successful candidate must deliver the following in order to successfully complete the engagement:
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the WCMS team to implement service requests to meet communication requirements for SharePoint.
- Ensure technical knowledge is transferred to the WCMS team lead and team where appropriate
- Assist the WCMS team lead with monitoring overall performance of the web and application servers and address issues as needed:
- SharePoint –Central administration tasks, configuration changes, file/data restores and site migrations
- Intranet – IIS configuration and permissions
- Internet(www environments) – IIS configuration, permissions, domain and DNS requests/updates, redirects/keywords, data/script management
- Webstats – Script management, site configuration, log management, manual tasks
- Mentoring WCMS team in SharePoint administration and .Net as is appropriate
- Perform tasks as assigned in documenting the system for business continuity
- Provide technical oversight when some staff are on vacation
- Recurring tasks to includes as assigned, including:
- General troubleshooting of website related systems
- Web application consulting to encompass best practices
- Web services monitoring
- Website statistics
- Backing up and storing webserver logs