Sector Project Manager/Leader
Experience From 2 to 5 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
We are working on the Project Manager – Senior Role that is available with one of our clients in Edmonton, AB.
If you have the required experience and are available for new opportunities,
please send the following documents at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, September 18, 2020, Noon EST.
– Updated Resume in word format
– Completed Evaluation Criteria
– Hourly Rate Expectation and Availability
– Right to Represent Form
Project Name : Microsoft Office 365 (M 365)
Location of Work :Access Building, 3720 – 76 Avenue, Edmonton, AB
Estimated Workdays : 185
Estimated Start Date : 01-Oct-2020
Estimated End Date : 30-Jun-2021
Estimated Hours Per Day : 7.25
Estimated On Call/Standby or Overtime Hours per Month : 40.00
# of Optional Extensions : 1
Maximum Duration of Extension : 4 Months
The GoA has begun a multi-year program to adopt the Microsoft 365 suite of collaboration and productivity tools. The program will implement a set of modern and fully integrated products and services that will enable APS staff to work more collaboratively and efficiently as they deliver valuable programs and services to Albertans.
Reporting to the Director, Implementation and Business Readiness, the Project Manager resource will provide the planning, coordinating, development, documenting and delivery of multiple M365 and Cloud related projects from the analysis phase through to the implementation phase. The Senior Project Manager may also be involved in managing other team members and providing program governance as required.
The project manager will review and understand departmental and corporate policies, business rules, data requirements and supporting system processes and ensure the objectives and schedules align with GoA goals and objectives.
This Project Manager will provide recommendations, including details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
This resource will have working knowledge and experience of IT infrastructure environments including general concepts of workstation/server hardware, software build and push strategies, and a general understanding of line-of-business applications and architectures. The resource must have a sound understanding of IT Change and Communication Management and User Acceptance Testing frameworks. We require this resource to have excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. A proven ability to function on an individual basis and in a team environment is essential. Resources awareness of existing GoA and department IT policies, procedures, standards, guidelines and practices is an asset.
Description of Services
Responsible for the coordination and completion of IT projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Builds and maintains working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
- Compile project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
- Manage project(s) that will document business requirements, design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with and contribute to the Ministries’ enterprise architecture.
- Assist with the development of recommendations including providing details of resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications pertaining to internal/external influences and the methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
- Manage multiple projects, project resources and project governance.
- Work with project sponsors to ensure that effective project communication exists through the duration of the project including escalation of risks as required.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client satisfaction – manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
- Work with project sponsors and the project management office to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders.
- Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
- Develop project schedule plans and strategies, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of project tasks.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks.
- Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
- In collaboration with project sponsors, assess whether the project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar projects.
- Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
- Work within the standards defined by the project management office and in the absence of standards work with the project management office to define new standards.