Sector Programmer Developer
Experience Greater Than 10 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Kindly send the below documents to firstname.lastname@example.org before 29 June 2020 11:00 am EST to get submitted.
Cluster: Health Services Cluster
Ministry: Ministry of Health
Assignment Name: Mobile CAD / Mobile CAD Hardening – L3 Programmer/Developer
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: Tuesday, August 04, 2020
Anticipated Assignment End Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Est. # of Days: 280 days
Work Location – 5700 Yonge Street, 9th Floor, Toronto
The Emergency Health Program Management & Delivery Branch (EHPMDB) supports life-critical services such as ambulance dispatch functions across Ontario. Under the Ambulance Act the Minister has the duty and power to establish, maintain and operate (alone or in co-operation with others) communication services used in dispatching ambulances, and to fund such services.
The Emergency Health I & IT Solutions & Technology Management Branch (EHSTMB) of the Health Services I&IT Cluster supports these services through the acquisition, delivery and support & maintenance of related dispatch technologies, IT and telecommunications used within the Ambulance Communication Centres (ACCs) across the province and in the Branch’s Head Office operations. These critical applications and technologies are used by the Ministry to support 24×7 mission critical 911 call taking and ambulance dispatch functions across the province, and includes:
- Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) application and tools
- Telecommunication equipment and systems (i.e. Communication Console Systems and FleetNet)
- Technologies that digitally connects Land Ambulance Dispatch with other partners in first response and the health system (i.e. Real Time Data Service and Mobile CAD)
- Reporting Applications and Tools
- Business Support Applications (i.e. Paramedic Certification, Inspections)
A Mobile CAD (mCAD) Solution developed by the Ministry is currently used by York and Simcoe Paramedic services, provides efficiencies through automation and allows paramedics to arrive on scene faster and be available for the next 911 call sooner once they have transferred care of the patient at the hospital.
A highly qualified development resource is required to sustain the mobile CAD solution which was deployed to multiple Paramedic Service fleets and make the service robust for provincial roll-out. The Programmer/Developer will provide code enhancements to existing features and new features for operational support for Mobile CAD/Mobile CAD Hardening.
Scope of Services and Deliverables – The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
- Review and understand code and architecture of the existing code, and make updates as required to ensure the code is modular and can support scalability requirements;
- Code enhancements to existing features and new features as per approved requirements and design direction;
- Provide realistic work estimates to support project planning;
- Capture business requirements and update business rules based on the requirements;
- Use structured methodologies, design best practices, implement code that is of quality, and clearly documented. The application should function as required, without any defects. The application must operate with the Operating System (OS) and other peripherals as identified;
- Create custom reports as required, applying Microsoft Technologies;
- Conduct testing, integration and deployment of the developed changes across the environment;
- Review, analyze and recommend solutions to any defects discovered in production;
- Fully document all developed code, and
- Transition in a steady-state to a full-time resource.