Sector Database Administrator
Experience Greater Than 10 Year
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Kindly send the below documents to email@example.com before 03 July 2020 11:00 am EST to get submitted.
Role: Database Administrator
Cluster: Labour and Transportation Cluster
Ministry: Ministry of Transportation
Assignment Name: Road User Safety Program
Anticipated Assignment Start Date: Thursday, July 23, 2020
Anticipated Assignment End Date: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Est. # of Days: 189 days
Work Location – 125 Sir William Hearst Ave. Toronto, ON M3M 0B4
The Ministry of Transportation serves as the provincial leader in transportation systems and services. The Safety and Regulation division is responsible for promoting transportation safety, servicing & regulating clients and vehicles. The Drivers/Vehicle/Carrier systems that deliver these services to the public are the largest in Canada and in the top ten of their kind in North America. They include large online, real-time Vehicle Registration, Driver Licensing and Control, Carrier Licensing and Control systems and Internet transactions.
All Canadian provinces and territories, as well as Ontario’s Police Forces, Courts, Municipalities and the RCMP are connected to these systems. As these agencies enforce the Highway Traffic Act (HTA) and the Provincial Offences Act (POA), the information collected by these systems is critical to their effectiveness. They rely on these systems being available 24 hours per day, seven days a week. The business community depends on these systems to maintain information they have incorporated into their business practices. For example; the Driver Licence is depended on as a source of identification.
Some of the applications are on an IBM z/OS processing platform, J2EE applications on Solaris servers, and Windows applications on Windows servers. IMS and DB2 are used as the DBMS platforms on the mainframe and Oracle is employed as the DBMS on the mid-tier Solaris and AIX database servers to support the growing number of Internet applications and client/server applications. The ministry is committed to strengthening the privacy and protection of client information by enhancing the security and integrity of driver, vehicle and carrier transactions through addressing issues relating to elements of fraud, client identity theft, misuse of documents and secure access to information. The Ministry of Transportation (MTO) project initiatives will review the primary information systems in order to improve the security of the data as well as the points of access to provincial driver, vehicle and carrier information resident in the IBM mainframe.
The consultant resources will be used to augment our current complement of full time staff, to extend the cluster’s capacity in a flexible and timely manner, to ensure we have the ability to meet defined timelines in order to ensure delivery for the business critical requirements.
Scope of Services and Deliverables – The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
The Data Management Office (DMO) is seeking to hire one (1) Database Administrator to:
The Services and Deliverables to be provided by the Vendor will include the following:
- Participate in the review of maintenance release artefacts – Use Case, System Requirement Specification, etc.;
- Prepare a physical data model from logical data model in Power Designer. Generate Oracle DDL using Power Designer;
- Promote database changes through Development, Integration Testing, QA, UAT, Production environments;
- Maintain Azure Cloud automation pipeline, investigate and resolve Azure Cloud infrastructure issues;
- Practice “GitOps” with Azure DevOps;
- Analyze data to fulfill business and IT stakeholder requests;
- Provide database space calculations for the supported database environments;
- Perform reference data administration as required;
- Plan and co-ordinate implementation with developers, UNIX and .NET application support and other Data Management staff;
- Design and write data loading and/or conversion scripts/stored procedures;
- Build and test database backup/recovery scripts;
- Build and test database housekeeping scripts
- Deliver detailed system design documents and any other supporting documentation conforming to Ministry standards;
- Maintain and update Oracle Siebel data replication using Oracle GoldenGate on Oracle Exadata.
- Maintain Siebel database and develop queries to fulfill data request
- Perform database monitoring and performance tuning on database objects and database instance levels
- Document and resolve any database problems/issues
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to Ministry staff at all stages of this assignment
Skill Set Requirements:
- Experience with planning, installation, maintenance, administration of Oracle 12c/18c database on Solaris 10, RHEL on Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with planning, installation, maintenance, administration of Microsoft SQL Server database on Windows 2012, Microsoft Azure IaaS and PaaS.
- Expert experience with Azure build automation using Ansible, Terraform, Packer and VSTS
- Expert experience with git for source code version control, including branching, merging and pull requests.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure technologies, including storage account, file share, Azure key vault, Azure portal, Azure monitoring tools
- Extensive experience with Oracle PLSQL coding;
- Extensive experience in complex issues management, including problem-solving and coordination of issue resolution in a timely fashion;
- Experience with developing physical data model using Power Designer;
- Experience in application architecture, analysis, design, development and implementation of solutions in a multi-platform high volume transaction processing environment;
- Proven experience with UNIX shell scripting;
- Managing the implementation activities associated with large IT projects such as data conversion and database loading;
- Experience with Oracle Siebel Database schema, tables, data model
- Hands-on experience with Oracle GoldenGate replication from Siebel database to Oracle Exadata engineering device